Harris County Attorney's Office Internship Program
The Harris County Attorney's Office provides a full spectrum of legal services, such as state and federal civil litigation, drafting and negotiating contracts, conducting condemnation proceedings, providing legal advice to Harris County officials, issuing County Attorney Opinions, collecting monies owed to Harris County, and preparing documents for bond issues.
To be considered for our INTERNSHIP program, please email ALL OF THE following SIX ITEMS:
1. Cover Letter
· Using the Practice Group options below, list up to three practice groups with which you would like to intern and/or state that you have no practice group preference:
Practice Group List:
Litigation, General Counsel, Compliance, Childrens Protective Services, Disability and Elder Law, Public Law, Environmental Law, and Hospital District
· The days and hours you are committed to working at HCAO
· For summer applicants: state if you would like to work 12 weeks or 6 weeks (indicate first or second session).
3. Unofficial Transcript
4. Writing Sample
5. Completed Background Check Authorization form (can be obtained from section below)
6. A one-page letter addressed to Vince Ryan on the topic of "What does Public Service mean to you?"
Most practice groups will require at least one additional screening process, e.g., in-person or phone interview.
Summer Internships - February 1
Spring Internships - November 1
Fall Internships - July 1
Still have questions about our internship program? Use this form to let us know what you need.