To be considered for our INTERNSHIP program, please email ALL OF THE following SIX ITEMS:
1. Cover Letter
· Using the Practice Group options below, list up to three practice groups with which you would like to intern and/or state that you have no practice group preference:
Practice Group List:
Litigation, General Counsel, Compliance, Children’s Protective Services, Disability and Elder Law, Public Law, Environmental Law, Real Estate, and Hospital District
· The days and hours you are committed to working at HCAO
· For summer applicants, state if you would like to work 12 weeks or 6 weeks (indicate first or second session)
3. Unofficial Transcript
4. Writing Sample
5. Completed Background Check Authorization form (can be obtained from section below)
6. A one-page letter addressed to Vince Ryan on the topic of "What does Public Service mean to you?"
Most practice groups will require at least one additional screening process, e.g., in-person or phone interview.
Summer Internships - March 1 (Extension)
Spring Internships - November 1
Fall Internships - July 1
Still have questions about our internship program? Use this form to let us know what you need.